Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Recipe for Mama Pasta

Dinner plans were foiled. I had planned on stopping to pick up some fish to pop in the oven - a favorite of the baby and I. But alas, a mini tantrum on the way out of daycare made me forgot to stop. Once home, I got a crazy craving for soup (in the summer - wierd) All I wanted was some soup from Pei Wei. BUT, as bed time approached and he got fussy, the idea of leaving the house became more and more unattractive.

I set water on to boil, and went on soothing munchkin, knowing once he went down I'd have a mama pasta project on my hands!

1) Boil 1 1/2 servings of pasta (I like rotini)
2) A few minutes before the pasta is done, stir in frozen veggies of your choice ( I did carrots, peas, and handful of soup veggie mix)
3) Drain all
4) Use 1 package of frozen creamed spinach as a sauce (I used Birds Eye and it was AWESOME)
5) Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese

After that I divided the pasta into two servings. I crumbled up a left over turkey burger into one, and added some canned salmon to the other serving for tomorrow!

And now, my belly is full, baby bear is fast asleep, and lunch for tomorrow is DONE!!!

More later!

1 comment: