Sunday, January 17, 2010

A lion in the bath

I finally broke down today and removed the Christmas decorations and the tree from our home. Daniel was in a good mood, and sort of happy to be left alone to toddle around and play while I worked. We had a few time outs for stories together and to play some "zoom zoom" (cars) but he spent a good portion of the morning entertaining himself - apparently by hiding objects around the apartment for me to find. Below is a list of what I have found so far. I have to charge up my camera to document these strange findings.

1) Stuffed lion in his bathtub
2) Keys in my boot (a favorite from when he first became mobile)
3) Ride on school bus, grocery cart, and push toy in my bathroom
4) Tupperware in my hamper
5) Baby lotion on the built in bookshelf
6) Tennis ball in the cat food self feeder (with the lid on, so it was a surprise)
7) Spoons (clean, must have been removed from dishwasher) in the pots and pans cupboard
8) Barney DVD shoved underneath the dvd player (probably trying to play it)

DRUM ROLL...MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE, AND THE FIRST THING I FOUND......

9) 2 bowling pins in the drawers underneath his bathroom sink.

I can't imagine exactly what he was thinking - except maybe he saw me shuffling about putting things away, and he was trying to imitate me. Whatever his plan was, it certainly made me laugh. Now he is sleeping soundly, and I am honestly thinking about hiding MY stuff in his toy bins as he sleeps - not sure, but the joke may be lost on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment