Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mama's Pretty


Despite my claims that my son is the best baby swimmer, and the funniest, and the cutest, and the smartest, I can't really pass him off as the most verbal child. He is well within the 'normal range' and is picking up words faster and faster, but he has more "Danielisms" than real English. Recently though, if you listen more closely, he is spitting out real words (mostly commands, shouted at you) "Come here! Sit down!" etc. Sometimes we have no clue what he is saying, so we just make up the rest of the conversation.

This evening Aunt Jenny came over to have her practice hair and make up done - ironically, the make up lady is the mother of 1 year old twins, and the hair lady a nanny. With all people being baby friendly, we had a really good evening and Daniel dealt well with not being the center of attention for several hours.

After the professionals left, I was uploading pics and Aunt Jenny took on the task of getting him ready for bed.

"Do you like my hair, Daniel? Do you think its pretty?" she asked
"Mama preeeey" he said
How sweet! Jenny yelled in to see if I heard him
"Thank you baby bear!" I yelled back
"Welcome mama!" he said

What wonderful new words - Pretty AND welcome! Such a change from "mine...NOW!"

(and just for the record - Aunt Jenny looked stunning and truly lovely!)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Too bad you guys are 1 hour away from us :(

    ReplyDelete